The main question we are asked is, “Are you for real and why haven’t we heard of you?”
Firstly, competing data centers and hosting firms companies do not want us to exist and are trying to convince the consumer that they are green by buying carbon offsets. Buying offsets does not keep mountains from being excavated and petroleum from being shipped. Eventually consumers will demand the industry has to change.
Secondly, we do not advertise and rely on word of mouth, direct sales, and media coverage. Plus the name AISO.net is difficult to remember, pronounce, and market so we are using Touchcloud to help the branding issues we had in the past.
Third, there is a lot of greenwashing in the hosting world and it is difficult to know who is really green and who has a viable solution for hosting. Unfortunately, we get caught in the crossfire and the noise makes it even harder to prove we are for real.
How do customers save money with Touchcloud?
- ∗ Customers get advanced data and hosting technology at rates you see with older technology solutions.
- ∗ Since we have fixed energy costs ($0), we can sign long term hosting agreements.
- ∗ Upgrade and downgrade your plans at any time.
- ∗ No downtime, no headaches, no problems.
- ∗ Free setup. Contact an agent to find out how.
- ∗ See pricing for dedicated plans or contact us for a quote.
Is a solar data center that much different than a traditional data center?
- ∗ No. The methods and technology of sending and receiving data are fundamentally the same.
- ∗ The main difference is our profits go into equipment.
- ∗ Traditional data centers want to maximize profits on older technology.
- ∗ They have armed guards, we have two guard dogs on site.
- ∗ They have high rents, we have land we own.
- ∗ They have escalating energy costs, we have free energy.
- ∗ They pollute, we don't.
My hosting company offsets by planting trees, is that green?
- ∗ No. This is a good PR move though.
- ∗ No. That means they plant one tree for the 5 years you may be a customer. That's 43,800 hours of energy and one tree is not going to cut it.
- ∗ No. Are people really falling for this?
- ∗ No. If hosting companies would buy power from renewable sources or generate their own power then they would not have to plant trees.
- ∗ No. These trees are not even planted in the areas where air quality is worse due to refineries and power companies.
I keep hearing that solar hosting is not reliable and more expensive, is that true?
- ∗ No. We are more reliable, in fact we were up when other sites went down in 2009 due to power outages.
- ∗ No. In the event of any attacks on the power grid, Touchcloud will still be able to operate.
- ∗ No. In fact emergency sites are better off at our facility in case of an emergency.
- ∗ No. We are cheaper when you add it up.
- ∗ No. This is a myth, send us your quote and we can beat it if it's the same technology.
- ∗ No. We pass the savings on to the customer.
Can a data center just buy Renewable Energy Credits (REC’s) to be a green host?
- ∗ No. This is an easy way out. They should get funding or move somewhere that will allow them to get renewable energy.
- ∗ No. REC's don't count as being green. It's additional paperwork and badges they have to pay for.
- ∗ No. There are creditble REC organizations who are doing a lot to get the message out there. Oddly, they are burning fossil fules to market their cause.
- ∗ No. Unless you do the research and you trace back that the REC organization has done something credible in the last few years then they may do what they promise. Often they promise the world without any accountability or regualtion. In short, they trade eco-badges to get funding from businesses and individuals without any need to produce any outcome.
Is moving my site to solar power going ot make any difference?
- ∗ Yes. Americans vote with with our pocketbooks.
- ∗ Yes. Your site can be part of the solution and not part of the problem.
- ∗ Yes. It helps let more people know and when the snowball effect happens, you were there to start it rolling.
- ∗ Yes. Touchcloud eliminates the production of 19,890 pounds of Carbon Dioxide (greenhouse gas) per year, 5.9 pounds of Nitrous Oxide (NOX/smog) per year, and 0.45 pounds of Sulfur Dioxide (acid rain) per year - equivalent to planting 3.5 acres of trees per year.
We are looking for agents to help sell custom solutions and change the world one website at a time. Please contact us by visiting our jobs section.
If you have any questions or want a quote, please contact us.